Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thinking of returning to Columbus, Ohio after teaching in Korea - good idea?


Thinking of returning to Columbus, Ohio after teaching in Korea - good idea?
I was born and raised in Columbus - went to Ohio Dominican, got a BA in Communications, and later a Masters in TESOL. However, most of my family is deceased now. I like the city and know it still has some growth compared to the rest of Ohio, but I am not a licensed teacher. I have been teaching in Korea for nearly two years and will return for a visit in February. I would permanently return in November 2007. How do you like Columbus, and what attracts you to it? I am not sure what I would be doing there as I would not be teaching in the schools, but I am open to opportunities. Just tell me what you like and dislike about Columbus. I appreciate all answers. Thanks!
Other - United States - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Food in Korea is much better! stay there :)


2
Drew, I came to Columbus in 1988 for school. I am still here and will probably be here for a long time. Columbus has that small town feel with a big city appeal. I have seen a lot of growth since moving here. The suburbs have developed some fantastic school districts. The city life is OK and shopping is good. If you like golf, you will love Columbus. It is now the biggest city in Ohio and rivals (if not exceeds) other cities like Pittsburgh and Indianapolis in population. Crime seems to be a relative non-issue and unemployment is very low. Being a government city as well as a College city, you get a good mixture of jobs and people. You could certainly do worse than Columbus----like Cleveland! ; - ) Good luck!


3
i am not really sure...i live two hours away from it though...down south..and sort of east.....i like it overall

Popular Posts