Friday, March 12, 2010

Is there a need for teachers in Columbus Ohio?


Is there a need for teachers in Columbus Ohio?
I am currently a middle school science teacher in North Carolina and want to move back to Ohio. I am originally from the Cleveland area and I know that there is not a need around there. I am just curious as to whether or not their is a demand for teachers in or around the Columbus area.
Teaching - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
There is no need for teachers in Ohio except for special education teachers, and ESL teachers... Good Luck! I too would like to move back to Ohio!


2
as a teacher in ohio, i can easily tell you no. i graduated from a columbus area college and most of my friends (unless they were special ed) did not find jobs. most of the new teachers in my entry year teaching courses in my district were older than i and/or had experience already. if you do come back here, subbing is a great way to get your foot in the door in a district. recently, a few friends that i graduated with found jobs via subbing. as the previous poster said, unless you're specialized (ie. special ed, reading, esl, etc) it will be more difficult for you to find a job. special ed preschool is growing by the minute, if you're certified.

Popular Posts